Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grown-up Playdates

Since when is going to the grocery store by myself a treat?  And how telling is it that when asked to describe a "fond memory" from university (for a class reunion survey), the only thing I could think of was laying down on the lawn and getting to take a nap outdoors?!

But grown-ups get to have fun too, and right now I'm trying to schedule a craft party with two girlfriends to help us all make some progress on our sewing and other projects.  I've got several items nearly ready to go up in the shop, but haven't been able to force myself over the inertia hurdle to complete the final steps.  So many chores and clever ways to procrastinate.  And excuse making - did I mention that?  For example, if only I had a dedicated sewing space, I'd be able to get more work done ... blah, blah, blah.

No comments: